[CentOS] Dazuko module Panda Antivirus

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:26:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Gopinath Achari
<gopinath at signal-networks.com> wrote:

>                 I installed Panda antivirus for linux  but it uses Dazuko
> module for updating virus definition downloaded from internet to virus
> definitions database. So i downloaded dazuko ( tar package) software and
> tryed to install. But it generates the below defined errors, Which module in
> the kernel has to be enabled. Please help me i am using Centos 5.2 with
> kernel version of  2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen
> error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel:
>        you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities
>        as a kernel module

This is a known issue with Dazuko.  You can find some hint/solution in
this forum thread:

Although it was with CentOS-4, the same solution should be applicable
to CentOS-5.

There is another thread and Ned Slider offered an alternative solution:

Hope this helps,