[CentOS] Tired of Fedora, shopping for a new OS. Upgrade from F8 ? CentOS kernel versions ?

Rubin rubin at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 31 08:25:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

for what it's worth, I'm running CentOS 5 with the planet-core,
planet-ccrma and novell-mono repos which exist for centos/rhel5 these
days. The planet-core repo contains the 2.6.24.7 with realtime patches
and other goodness for audio/video stuffs. I've been using this setup
for about 6 months now and i'm very happy with the stability + speed
this offers.

Greets,

Rubin.