[CentOS] Rebooting CentOS 5.2 XEN Guest

Thu Oct 9 18:23:16 UTC 2008
Brett Serkez <bserkez at gmail.com>

All,

I have CentOS 5.2 XEN guests running on a CentOS 5.2 host.

At one time when I issued an 'init 6' in one of the XEN guests it
rebooted  Now it seems to halt but virt-manager shows it as still
running and the only way to get the guest to boot is to destroy the
virtual machine and start it again.

Unfortunately I didn't notice precisely when this change in behavior
occurred, I believe it was the last 'yum update' that included a new
XEN kernel, but I cannot say for sure.

Has anyone else noticed this change in behavior?  Any solutions to
restore the older behavior, being able to 'init 6' the virtual machine
was very useful.

Thank you,

Brett