[CentOS] OT - Monitoring tool

Wed Oct 1 01:05:49 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 September 2008 16:25, John R Pierce wrote:
>
>>  Robert Spangler wrote:
>>  > This looks interesting.  Will have to read up on it some.
>>  > Just wondering if I can configure it to allow many people to setup
>>  > monitoring different way on the same device?
>>
>>  nagios monitors are configured by a script file on each monitored target
>>  system.... that script file could (in theory at least) include a bunch
>>  of other script files, each owned by a different user such that only
>>  that user could edit it.... would not this satisfy your management
>>  requirements?
>
> This might.  Thnx.

There's also opennms - http://www.opennms.org.  It lets you set up
dashboard views that only display a subset of the nodes for a certain
login but I don't think you can limit what someone with write access can
configure.  It has a nice feature of being able to send notifications to
an xmpp (jabber) group conference as well as the usual mechanisms.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com