[CentOS] how to set term environment for cronjobs?

Wed Oct 1 05:06:12 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Filipe Brandenburger
> <filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 16:30, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I simply need to call 2 php scripts via a website - very simple todo,
>>> but cron tends to give me these errors for some odd reason, and the
>>> scripts doesn't run on the remote website.
>> How are you calling these scripts from cron? lynx? wget? curl? Maybe
>> the problem is with the tool you are using to do that. If you give us
>> more details, we might be able to help you better.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Filipe
>

> Hi, yes sorry I should have added that :)
>
> I'm using lynx, as follows:
>
> 9 0 * * * /usr/bin/lynx http://billing/admin/cron.php
> */5 * * * * /usr/bin/lynx http://billing/pipe/pop.php

Lynx wants to do cursor positioning which is fairly useless in
non-interactive mode.  You can give it a terminal type on the command
line with the -term= option, but it would probably be better to use wget
instead for non-interactive work.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com