[CentOS] mount UFS partition on CentOS 5.

Wed Oct 1 07:09:35 UTC 2008
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Daniel Bruno schrieb:
> Hi Tru,
>
> I installed rpmforge, dkms and dmks-ufs, how you can see below:
>
> [root at fw ~]# rpm -qva |grep dkms
> dkms-2.0.20.4-1.el5.rf
> dkms-ufs-2.6.18_8.1.8.el5-3.c5
>
> [root at fw ~]# lsmod |grep ufs
> ufs                    64644  0
>
> but I still can't mount the partition:
>
> # mount -t ufs -o ro,ufstype=44bsd /dev/hdb1 /part
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb1,
>        missing codepage or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail  or so
>
> in the dmes, show this error:
>

> ufs_read_super: bad magic number

Can anyone comment on wether it is actually possible to mount an UFS2
(FreeBSD 5+) vs. an UFS1 (FreeBSD upto 4.x) partition.
I tried that yesterday (mounting a pfSense CF-card) and it would more or
less crash OpenSuSE 11...

Try a "real" BSD to mount it....

Rainer