[CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Thu Oct 2 12:59:32 UTC 2008
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 01:54:32PM +0200, Griesbach, Lutz wrote:

Please wrap your lines at a reasonable length; 72 to 76 characters is
good, thanks!

> Also I didn't now, that nightly updates include upgrades and this
> doesn't makes sense to me either. Who wants to get 193 packages including

What do you think the difference is between "update" and "upgrade" ?

A minor release (eg going from 4.6 to 4.7) is _merely_ a stick in
the sand.  Kernel updates happen frequently even within a minor release
number.

--

rgds
Stephen