[CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Thu Oct 2 13:29:17 UTC 2008
vandaman2002-rt at yahoo.co.uk <vandaman2002-rt at yahoo.co.uk>

Griesbach, Lutz wrote:

> Ok, i only tried "upgrade" once manually to get another box from centos 4..4 to a 4.5
> ( and I ran into this http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2557 ) and thought, the
> difference between update and upgrade is like the debian based "apt-get upgrade"
> and "apt-get dist-upgrade".

> The man page states this as well, vandaman is right, I should have RTFM, but I was a
> bit in a hurry and I thought, I could get some quick help here.

That bug is unreproducible because you have manually altered the yum configuration so in
reality its a self-induced problem not a "bug". If you are new to using a mailing list
follow some of these guidelines :- http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/065626.html