[CentOS] Nightly yum update did an "upgrade"

Fri Oct 3 14:22:27 UTC 2008

vandaman2002-rt at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> That bug is unreproducible because you have manually altered the yum configuration so in
> reality its a self-induced problem not a "bug". If you are new to using a mailing list
> follow some of these guidelines :- http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/065626.html

ok, so you chased down Lutz's machine, broke into it and were able to
verify his yum configs are changed or did you pull that one out of thin
air. Its either that, or I am missing something cause I dont see him
posting anything that would indicate his yum configs are changed.

I do suspect something is not right, since the 4.7 updates took as long
as they did to get to his machine. They have been 'out there' for a fair
few weeks now. And the concern that live updates within the distro broke
a production machine is very much there.