[CentOS] OT Mailing List Spam

Fri Oct 3 16:19:07 UTC 2008
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

Just the idea of a autoresponder for abuse mail account is dang scary. Would
make a spammers job easy.
I do not use autoresponders ever for any accounts. I have the server eat all
mail that comes in and not bounce them off, Again, a good thing for a
spammer to find.

With today's spoofing there is rarely a way to tell where soemthig actually
came from. And complaining to anyone about it will get you nowhere but
wasted time, in my opinion.

I wait until a legitimate company spams me...then I call them up and see if
it was them....then I let years of spam aggression boil out to the company
over the phone....and hope they take me off the list.

Now that is how to blow off spam steam.