[CentOS] OT Mailing List Spam

Fri Oct 3 16:37:18 UTC 2008
Mark A. Lewis <mark at siliconjunkie.net>

>Male Bovine Defecation!  If yahoo is going to provide mail services,
>they damn well should do it in a responsible manner.  Just becaue
>they are big does not exempt them from this responsibility.  On
>the contrary, the large free mail providers, yahoo, hotmail,
>gmail, etc. are frequently used by spammers, phishers, and other
>criminals for drop boxes to further their crimes.
>
>As large as it is, AOL does a very good job of dealing with
>complaints and handling spam.  They are also quite active in the
>anti-spam/anti-phishing community.

What are they doing that is not responsible other than not doing thing the way YOU think they should? As I pointed out, they accept abuse complaints, just not in the way the YOU think they should.

I would have to read the RFC, but I assume it does not specify that all abuse correspondence must be done via e-mail using the abuse address, only that they have to accept mail for that address. Which, they do. They are playing 100% by the RFC, just not in the way you want them to.