[CentOS] OT Mailing List Spam

Fri Oct 3 16:55:41 UTC 2008
Glenn <centos at 1bigadmin.biz>

At 12:34 PM 10/3/2008, you wrote:
>Bob Hoffman wrote:
> > I wait until a legitimate company spams me...then I call them
> > up and see if it was them....then I let years of spam aggression
> > boil out to the company over the phone....and hope they take me
> > off the list.
>
> > Now that is how to blow off spam steam.
>
>Sadly you have a long way to go ... I'm willing to bet that the
>eircom.net spammer has spammed many on this list but due to no-one
>taking action he was still in business.
>
>Regards,
>Vandaman.

I actually responded to their web form, just that once and notified
them of my future intention of automatically blocking their
individual offending IPs. I'm still reporting to their abuse address.
If they want to ignore me.. fine. I've also reported to spam at uce.gov
so that it is documented (not that anyone there pays attention
either, but I hope that someone does a tally at the end of a
day/week/month/quarter to see who is most misbehaved).

I also email anyone else who will listen, like phishing at . Maybe their
lawyers will take head.