[CentOS] Re: Putting CentOS 5.2 kernel on CentOS 4.x

Sat Oct 4 00:39:44 UTC 2008
Fong Vang <sudoyang at gmail.com>

So you're saying that the CentOS 4.x system is married with the 2.6.9
kernel?  Maybe the packaging of the kernel RPM is different between 4.x and
5.x, but why would a 5.x kernel not work on a 4.x system, especially
considering you can always download the latest kernel from the kernel source
tree and run that so this doesn't sound right.

I just need the later kernel, not the new glibc which will break
compatibility.