[CentOS] Proposed New Mailing List

Sat Oct 4 15:31:44 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 14:27 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> <snip>

> Then we must agree to differ.  I consider it thoughtful to tell them once what
> is expected of them - and politely, which is not always the case on this or
> any other list I've read.  Of course if they persist in breaking the rules,
> then they ask to be ignored IMO

I don't think we disagree. I also consider it thoughtful to politely
"educate" newcomers. But that is *my* choice that fits with *my*
standards. I was reminded when I was younger that I could not
arbitrarily apply my standards to others. That stuck with me. That
allowed me to step out of my own shoes and see things from other
perspectives. Given that, not responding may not be rude. It may be due
to lack of time. It may be one does not care. It may be ... well, many
other things.

I also agree with you about the "impolite" (I would, if in a generous
mood, term it "brusque") posts by many of this list. I choose not to
waste my time calling them on it. I figure "their momma didn't raise
them right" and I would be unlikely to affect their behavior. Obviously
ego-centric personalities.

That's their problem, won't become mine.

--
Bill