[CentOS] ejabberd 2.0.2 vs SELinux vs CentOS 5

Sat Oct 4 23:58:33 UTC 2008
Damian S <dsteward at internode.on.net>

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 09:43 -0700, nate wrote:
> Damian S wrote:
> > Also, I'm thinking I might run into more problems with SELinux silently
> > interfering with ejabberd later on, so maybe I should disable SELinux
> > and be done with it.
>
> That's what I'd suggest too. SELinux isn't even installed on any
> of the systems I manage(roughly 350). Not worth the trouble.

Wow, 350 servers! :o

Although I run my dev machine in permissive mode because I need Zend
Platform to provide remote PHP debugging, I'm desperately trying not to
have to do the same to this and other servers.
I'm not sufficiently good enough of an admin to not need help from
selinux for a web-facing server.