[CentOS] Solved: Dell PE2850 with 4GB RAM - Get a hold of yourself

Sun Oct 5 19:59:35 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 11:32 AM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Vandaman <vandaman2002-rt at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Look at the following post and welcome to the CentOS Mailing List.
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/065626.html
>>
>> Trim your mails, turn off html in your client and do some basic
>> "homework" on your problem offlist and you'll be a star.
>
> This list is for people who need, want or can give help w.r.t. CentOS
> and peripherally related issues.
>
> For someone whose name does not even appear in the archives yet, you
> seem awfully hostile to everyone who deviates even slightly from the
> norm here, including people who are long-time members of this list.
> Tone it down, and if you have nothing helpful or advisory to say
> w.r.t. the problem presented, kindly save our time and stop wasting
> your own by typing it in.

AMEN Mark! I waited several days to reply to him, after the blasting I
got. And, I do not remember him being an active participant in this
mailing list before. I recognize and deeply appreciate many of the
people who are and have been so helpful, for such a long time, in this
mailing list. He's not one of them.

> Yes, I prefer not to read people's personal ramblings, and I don't
> like top posters, unedited response trails and so on, but you make me
> look nice about it....
>
> FTR, Sorin's posts were all rather nicely trimmed, though I admit I
> was wondering when he was going to stop Rumsfelding us.
>
> Lighten up.  Someday, you, too, may need help and not be quite so
> particular with the guidelines.

That's also true. It might even be me or another newbie who has the
answer to his problem.
However, it is so obvious that he knows *EVERYTHING* I'm not sure why
he has begun to participate in this mailing list.  Simply to tell
others how to post or not post. Has he helped anyone here?

If one of the Developers wants us out, we will leave, but, I do not
believe the Developers agree with what vandaman writes.