[CentOS] Re: Question on Wireless Setup

Sun Oct 5 20:54:31 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Olaf Mueller <daily-planet at istari.de> wrote:
> Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

>> Can you please look at my problem ?
> In my opinion you have not give us enough information to solve this
> problem. Are you using wep, wpa, wpa2, wpa_supplicant, *-fwcutter? What
> module are you loading, anything blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.conf
> or /etc/modprobe.d/*?

Ashish,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

As Olaf pointed out, we need more info from you.  I understand you now
run the centosplus kernel.  If the system detected your network device
correctly, it should have loaded the iwl3945 driver.  Please show us
the output of:

/sbin/lspci | egrep -i 'ethernet|network|wireless'

dmesg | grep 3945

/sbin/lsmod | grep 3945

Akemi