[CentOS] Request for additional patch in CentOS Plus kernel

Wed Oct 8 21:05:53 UTC 2008
Matthew Kent <matt at bravenet.com>

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 12:56 -0500, Robert wrote:

> Spike Turner wrote:
> > Matthew Kent wrote:
> >

> >> Any luck with this? :)
> >>

> > Not wanting to sound like a spoil sport but if its critical
> > to your server(s) can't you build your own kernel, pretty
> > sure I've seen this discussed on the docs list. I suppose
> > the CentOS plus one has to go through QA and regression
> > testing no?

Not sure where I said its critical? It's merely a friendly question I
thought might be interesting to the other centosplus users on the list.

> > Spike.
> >
> Hey, if he has a critical need, he could simply trek over to
> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/plus/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5.centos.plus/
> and help Johnny test a build that stands a *much* better chance of
> working right that a home-made one.

Wasn't aware that existed, thanks!
--
Matthew Kent \ SA \ bravenet.com