[CentOS] [OT] What is the best network monitoring tool?

Thu Oct 9 16:20:12 UTC 2008
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Alejandro schrieb:
> Nate,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Currently I have a lot of services to monitoring for example:
>
> Databases : Oracle - Mysql - MSSql
> WebServers: SunWebServer - SunJavaAppServer - Apache
> Systems: Windows - Linux
> Networking: Cisco Switch - Lan Interfaces
>
> Currently I look these projects: Groundwork and Centreon
> (http://www.centreon.com/), this two tools based in Nagios, but with
> statistical tools
>
> And other excellent tool is JFFNMS (http://www.jffnms.org/)

I installed JFFNMS - and I hated it right from the start - the interface
was barely usable even with 1920x1200.

Check out www.zabbix.com
It needs an agent, but with the agent, a lot of stuff is autodetected
(drives etc - in Nagios, you've got to do a lot of manual work).
I still like Nagios for its flexibility, though.

Rainer