[CentOS] Thunderbird does not follow url links in Firefox

Fri Oct 10 01:03:23 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Theo Band <theo.band at greenpeak.com> wrote:
> Since the recent update from firefox2 to firefox3 the links in my mails
> do no longer work. No window pops up. After some debug I found the
> problem. Let's share it with others that experience the same problem:
>
> I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (manually downloaded, that might have
> caused the problem, I have not tried with 1.5)
> I'm using Firefox 3.0.2 (yum installed CentOS 4.7)
<snip>
I'm using CentOS 5.2 (fully updated) and don't see the problem you
described. You are using CentOS 4.7, so there are a lot of differences
between our systems. As I recall, the libraries are quite a bit
different, between CentOS 4.x and 5.x  Glad you solved the problem!