[Fwd: Re: [CentOS] Install CentOS-5.0 on HP-ComPaq DC7700 Dual Core]

Fri Oct 10 01:19:32 UTC 2008
John Newbigin <jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au>

Edit /etc/modprobe.conf
and add
alias scsi_hostadapter2 ahci

Then rebuild your initrd with mkinird
mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)

Then reboot and make the BIOS change.  This should give you much better
disk performance.

--
John Newbigin
ITS Senior Analyst / Programmer