[CentOS] Question about Mirrors

Fri Oct 10 21:10:35 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On 10/10/08, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Bo Lynch <blynch at ameliaschools.com> wrote:
>  > On Fri, October 10, 2008 11:39 am, Ned Slider wrote:
>  >> Bo Lynch wrote:
>

> > So my pub folder would have centos/5.1/os/i386 which would have the
>  > original 5.1 rpms and I would set the updates repo to point to the
>  > centos/5/updates/i386 right?
>  > So all I really need to rsync is the updates from the 5 folder on the mirror.
>

> You need to have the original content of 5.2 in 5.2/ and create a symlink:
>
>  5 -> 5.2
>
>  When 5.3 comes out, get the content in 5.3/ and redirect the symlink:
>
>  5 -> 5.3
>
>  and so on.
>

>  Akemi

I'm sorry to hi-jack this thread, but tihs is exactly what I've been
looking for myself as well.

How do I actually keep a local repository on the LAN, which can be
used by other hosts with yum & HTTP installations?

I currently use mrepo for this purpose, but it puts everything in
different folders, like so:

http://192.168.10.160/mrepo/centos5-x86_64/RPMS.updates/ - which
doesn't work well with yum updates.

So, if I simply sync an upstream repository to my server, how do I
setup Apache to serve it, with all the correct files & folders?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers