[CentOS] Question about Mirrors

Sat Oct 11 10:31:31 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Ralph Angenendt
<ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>> Bo Lynch wrote:
>>> Ned,
>>> So you are saying that I should point my yum clients to the 5/updates/i386
>>> folder for updates correct? No matter if they are 5 5.1 5.2? Not trying to
>>> be redundant...Just want to make sure that I'm understanding this correct
>>> before I actually give it a go.
>>
>> Yes, and see Akemi's earlier reply about symlinks for 5 -> 5.x
>
> Not yes, but no. Updates is always rebased to the latest point release, so you
> cannot point 5.1 clients to 5.2 updates.

I think Ned's response is correct.  It is "Yes" if the OP sees
"Akemi's reply".  In other words, yum repo has the 5 -> 5.x symlink
and under 5.x there are both "os" and "updates".  Clients are supposed
to point to "5" regardless of whether they are 5 or 5.1 or 5.2.

Akemi