[CentOS] [OT] What is the best network monitoring tool?

Sun Oct 12 08:09:28 UTC 2008
Thomas Bleier <tbleier2 at gmail.com>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Alejandro wrote:
>> Nate,
>>
>> Thanks for your response.
>>
>> Currently I have a lot of services to monitoring for example:
>>
>> Databases : Oracle - Mysql - MSSql
>> WebServers: SunWebServer - SunJavaAppServer - Apache
>> Systems: Windows - Linux
>> Networking: Cisco Switch - Lan Interfaces
>>
>> Currently I look these projects: Groundwork and Centreon
>> (http://www.centreon.com/), this two tools based in Nagios, but with
>> statistical tools
>>
>> And other excellent tool is JFFNMS (http://www.jffnms.org/)
>>

> Don't forget OpenNMS - http://www.opennms.org.

Hi,

I also use Nagios for monitoring events, and I'm quite happy with it,
but I'm looking for a complementary tool for performance/trend
monitoring, since I'm not very happy with the Nagios Addons like
NagiosGrapher, PNP and the like (limited functionality, high
installation effort).

I've also taken a look at Cacti, but it seems not very mature yet and
integration into Nagios is also rather tedious if you don't want two
separate solutions doing things twice.

Recently I stumbled over Munin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/munin/),
which looks interesting, but I didn't have the time to take a look at it
yet.

Anybody using Nagios and Munin together and want's to share some
experience? :-)

best regards,
__
/homas