[CentOS] Please Update Extras Repo?!

Mon Oct 13 17:17:50 UTC 2008

Kenneth Price wrote:
> Is there any reason the "extras" repo hasn't been updated in a while?  Modules like kmod-xfs and kmod-drbd/kmod-drbd82 are frequently used and haven't been updated for the latest kernel.  Powerdns is two months behind the critical security update to 2.9.21.1.

the kmod's issue has been discussed a few times, and pkgs are available
that address the issue, pending feedback move from testing. Nothing
stops you from helping that testing effort to get the move done quicker.

w.r.t the pdns issue, do you want to go ahead and open an issue report
on bugs.centos.org/ and include the update spec patch ? Assign that to
me, and I'll work on getting it pushed out.

- KB