[CentOS] [OT] What is the best network monitoring tool?

Tue Oct 14 21:09:57 UTC 2008
Tim Berger <tim.berger at gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Alejandro <cdgraff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently I have a big question.
>
> What is the best OPEN SOURCE solution for monitoring multiple Host and
> Services, for example for using in a WebHosting Provider with 50 hosts or
> more.

I've had good luck with "mon".  Written in Perl and supports plug-in monitor
and alert modules.  The modules are easy to write.

It's better than most largely advertised system monitoring/alert packages
because it is simple in design, configuration is flexible, and it supports a
large number of hosts.

http://mon.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page