[CentOS] Problem building Perl net-snmp

Wed Oct 15 16:02:09 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:

> '/users/newt2/mgarcia/Downloads/Nagios-3.0.3/net-snmp-5.4.2/perl/SNMP/../blib/arch/auto/NetSNMP/default_store/default_store.so'
> for module NetSNMP::default_store: libnetsnmp.so.15: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory at

You don't have the snmp library installed that the program is
looking for. I don't see libnetsnmp.so.15 on either of my CentOS 4.6
or CentOS 5.1 systems so it seems like you may of installed net-snmp
from source..in which case you need to point the program at the location
of your net-snmp installation so it can find the library.

rpm -qa | grep -i net-snmp

nate