[CentOS] firefox is incredibly unstable

Wed Oct 15 18:44:49 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM, sbeam <sbeam at onsetcorps.net> wrote:

> Well I need my plugins to get work done so I installed the binary from
> mozilla.org in /opt/ and symlinked to that, seems to be better so far. This
> is what I used to do to get the latest version anyway, so if it works will
> just stay this way. If not I'll get on bugzilla and pursue that.

Now that's interesting.

I've been having the same problem with Seamonkey (the integrated
Mozilla suite), and I have less trouble in general when I build my own
and install it in /opt.  (The AR and SWF plugins don't work there, for
some reason, but all the others do.)  It never occurred to me that the
installation location would be involved - I'll have to try that and
see how it works.

Thanks!

mhr