[CentOS] Seeking advice about auth/home serving

Wed Oct 15 18:47:48 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com> wrote:

> If all your doing is serving up mount maps or netgroups then ldap is over
> kill, definitely don't put passwords in nis (or ldap) use kerberos for
> those.
>
> A small user base can be handled more easily via nis then ldap you don't
> need to put passwords in passwd use kerberos for those.

Maybe it's just me, but I find sentences like the above two to be
terribly confusing since they lack any punctuation to separate the
separables.  Since I am just learning about this area, I need all the
clarity I can get.  Perhaps others are in a similar situation, so,
please use punctuation of some kind - separate lines, commas,
semicolons, etc.

Thanks.

mhr