[CentOS] unsuscribe

Wed Oct 15 19:34:55 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Spook ZA <spookza at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Miguel Varas A. <mvaras at inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
>> Please I want unsuscribe for this list
>> thanks
>
> Please (and this goes for most if not all mailing lists) view all
> headers associated with any mail to the list and you will find the
> following.

Or pay attention when you sign up for a listmanager list like this and
RTFSUP - all the information to unsubscribe is right there, not to
mention in the page at the other end of the link in the footer of
every <expletives-deleted> message posted to the list.

I moderate over 300 Yahoo groups and belong to a (way smaller) number
of email lists, and I've never seen one where the instructions for how
to unsubscribe were not included somewhere in every post or article
sent, and yet I've also witnessed the utterly amazing ability of
people who read the groups/lists not to be able to read the
unsubscribe instructions or links in the messages they read.

Foo.

</rant>

mhr