[CentOS] new list proposal

Wed Oct 15 23:24:31 UTC 2008
Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> One thing that we are often blamed for is trying to stifle conversations
> and to discourage people from commenting / contributing / encouraging
> conversations. And that cant be further from the truth, really. We are
> all pro-community ( and when I say we, I mean everyone - including the
> contributors, developers, admins, users, abusers and hey upstream too ).

I would agree with a centos-tech list, and would definitely join. I
agree, I think often times people are discouraged from asking simpler
questions that aren't related to CentOS on the main list.

Being a part of the centos-docs list, I see a different level of
conversation and communication over there, compared to the main list.
Posts seem much more relaxed, and people are able to discuss things and
express ideas without fear of being yelled out about something, or being
told what is definitely wrong or right.

If a centos-tech list encourages this behavior, count my vote for yes.

Regards,
Max