[CentOS] firefox is incredibly unstable

Thu Oct 16 10:15:53 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 09:47 +0100, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> sbeam wrote:
> > does anyone else have major probs with Firefox as installed on CentOS5?
> >
> > ever since the RPM for FF3 came out it has been crashing daily. Usually when I
> ><snip>

> Sorry to hear this, but I use Firefox 3.0.2 daily and I don't have any
> of these problems. For me works fine.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcelo
>
> Centos 5.2 (2.6.18-92.1.13.el5)
> firefox-3.0.2-3.el5.centos

Ditto here. Have you run an "rpm --verify" to see if you have corruption
problems? Have you mixed installs from (possibly conflicting) repos? I
suspect one of those two. Have you checked your hardware (memtest,
etc.)? If the system is haeavily loaded, have you checked to see if it's
a heat related problem?

--
Bill