[CentOS] new list proposal - meaningless

Thu Oct 16 10:20:51 UTC 2008
Spike Turner <spiketurner09 at yahoo.com>

Karanbir Singh  wrote:

> Over a period of time, we would like to see the CentOS list
> become a
> more user help and distro specific list, with generic
> conversations
> moving to the centos-tech list.

perhaps that is why "core" issues in CentOS like the kernel
and samba are ignored by the developers? Examples :-

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066143.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066154.html

Upsream is blamed/misunderstood for a lot of things but even
their developers take time to answer questions on the nahant-list
or fedora-list in their spare time.

If the CentOS devs don't have time to answer key questions such as
on the kernel but have time to consider fragmenting the mailing list
who wins/loses?

If the devs have the choice to ignore the core stuff there is also
the option of ignoring the non-core stuff.

Spike.