[CentOS] new list proposal

Thu Oct 16 12:54:23 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I'm all for having less traffic on this list, but I don't have a good
> recipe for that. I doubt that splitting the list will really help much. As
> others have already said you will probably end up with two lists that have
> mixed conversations from the topics of both lists. And it won't help with
> the problem that there are more and more clueless posts where it is very
> clear that the person asking didn't even think a second about doing some
> research before asking here.

Maybe it would make more sense to turn this list into 'Centos-users'
where anything someone might do would be on topic as long as it involved
a system running Centos (or planning to run it).  That may be the way
everyone but Karanbir thinks of it anyway now.   Then add a new list
called Centos-development or Centos-bugs to deal specifically with
problems in Centos itself or getting it to install.  As someone else
mentioned, Centos usually 'just works' so that would probably be very
low-traffic.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com