[CentOS] new list proposal

Thu Oct 16 17:01:19 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Centos-applications might make sense if the idea is to cover how to do
> things using programs that run on Centos - or when/how to replace the
> packaged apps with newer versions.  But you might want hardware advice too.

yes, also the idea of best practices is something that would / should
really get more airtime. There is a *lot* of talent on this list, and I
feel a lot of conversations dont really get projected well due to the
nature of the conversation / this list.

I dont see why people in this thread prefer to ignore that aspect of a
new list -> to create an avenue for that extra conversation.

Also, all that talk about Redhat and Fedora lists working well as a
single list is just noise. Have you looked at the number of lists there
are there ? ( https://redhat.com/mailman/listinfo )

The idea is to create a new list, that focus's on some specific areas,
and also provides the means to create more conversations amongst people,
Not to kill any one list off or another. The word 'split' does not
really figure anywhere in that plan.

- KB