[CentOS] new list proposal - meaningless

Thu Oct 16 17:31:43 UTC 2008

Spike Turner wrote:
> A driveby waste of space post was one by a certain Karanbir
> telling someone to recklessly upgrade Gnome when this is supposed
> to be an enterprise distro.

Last time I checked, it was still a free world ? unless you live in the
US, in which case, all bets are off. And yes, I still maintain that its
your machine, you should have the full liberty to do whatever you like
with it.

> If people using CentOS are having problems e.g with the kernel
> and the devs don't have time to respond to questions on the
> list or on the forum, they don't have any extra sensory perception
> powers to automagically know that Johnny is working on those do
> they?

you might want to look again, this issue has been raised and spoken
about quite a few times, in quite a few different media.