[CentOS] new list proposal

Fri Oct 17 01:33:25 UTC 2008
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

John R Pierce wrote:
> I'd have to suggest that the 'default' list (eg this one) should be the
> most general and beginner oriented, and any new additional lists should
> be the ones with the narrower focus (centos-tech, for instance, or
> centos-sysadmin).

Narrower focus? Why? Why should there not be a general advanced user
oriented list which seems to be one of the reasons why people holler OT
here!

> in my experience with running multiple lists,  unless there's a
> near-nazi level of 'DO NOT CROSSPOST' enforcement, half the traffic will
> get crossposted all over the place anyways when you split lists.
>
> I vote leave it alone.  it ain't broken, lets not 'fix' it.

It is not about 'fixing' it...it is about letting people discuss things
that are considered OT for the centos list but yet related to people who
use Centos in whatever environment they may be.