[CentOS] How to view djvu files?

Fri Oct 17 11:55:13 UTC 2008
Spike Turner <spiketurner09 at yahoo.com>

Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> On Fedora I used to use djvulibre package for djvu files,
> but I cannot seem to find this in any CentOS repositores out
> there. Google also does not help, nor searching list
> archives. :-(
>
> I have found the .rpm file for RHEL 4, but when I tried to
> install it (hoping that it just might work) rpm refused to
> install with the error:
>
> file /usr/share/mimelnk/image/x-djvu.desktop from install
> of djvulibre-3.5.17-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from
> package kdelibs-3.5.4-16.el5.centos
>
> CentOS 5.2, fully updated.

You cannot get an rpm for CentOS 4 and hope it will "just work"
on CentOS 5. What repositories have you got configured as
djvulibre-3.5.17-1.el4.rf is for el4?

Try and use yum with properly configured 3rd party repos
or you will break your system chunking in rpms from all
over the place.

See http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum

Spike.