[CentOS] new list proposal

Fri Oct 17 16:40:02 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Spike Turner <spiketurner09 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi  wrote:
>
>> Spike Turner wrote:
>>
>> > Who would like the mailing list to be as fragmented
>> > as the CentOS forum? Fragmentation means erosion of
>> > the userbase and is not good for the community.
>> >
>> > Spike.
>>
>> Once again you are referring to the CentOS forum.  Are you
>> saying that
>> the forums are fragmented and therefore "not good for
>> the community"
>> ???  What is your point?  By the way, you have not answered
>> my earlier
>> inquiry:
>>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066494.html
>>

> This is my own personal view based on :-
>
> - the differences between the fedora and centos forum
> - (the lack of) participation of known members in the
> community in the centos forum as compared to fedora.
> - some may not view the centos forum as fragmented
> but is the participation at the same level as the
> unfragmented mailing list?
>
> Spike.

Thanks for your reply.  I wanted to know why you referred to the
CentOS forums in relation to the subject of splitting the mailing
list.

I can go on with my response to your personal view, but doing so would
be way off-topic here in this thread.  Therefore, I started an open
discussion session in the right place for this topic - not
surprisingly - in the CentOS forum:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=16821&forum=18

So, people who are interested, please join in and post your comments
and thoughts.

Thanks,

Akemi
(toracat, CentOS forum MODERATOR)