[CentOS] OT: Setting a CentOS to gateway a private IP address

Wed Oct 22 20:21:08 UTC 2008
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I have discovered quagga and installed it on the dual-homed CentOS-5.2 box
that I am attempting to configure as a router.

Given my previous requirements and configuration:

dual-homed host running CentOS-5.2 with
eth0 = 2xx.yyy.zzz.23
eth1 = 192.168.219.1

and given that our Cisco 2605 uses ripv2 I infer that my
/etc/quagga/ripd.conf file needs to look something like this:

hostname myhost.domain.tld
password somepassword

router rip
  network eth0              <--- is this correct?
  network 192.168.219.0/24

Can anyone provide me with some further guidance on this together with any
recommendations respecting zebra.conf?

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3