[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.7 Server CD - update frontpage

Thu Oct 23 18:58:56 UTC 2008
Spike Turner <spiketurner09 at yahoo.com>

Scott Silva wrote:

> I think the problem is that the volunteer that created the
> CD and announced it
> isn't the same volunteer that updates the website.
>
> Volunteers usually have varying amounts of free time.

I would have thought that updating the website, wikis etc
should be delegated to several individuals in case one person
is too busy. Isn't open source and community participation
more than an individual?

The success of the Fedora Project is not about the muscle
of Red Hat Inc but the participation of many volunteers and
the community at large. That is why for the example the Fedora
Forum or Fedora website are relevant because of continued
updates. (Even If Toracat from the CentOS forum disagrees).

Spike.