[CentOS] iptables local forwarding

Fri Oct 24 01:08:04 UTC 2008
Mihai T. Lazarescu <mtlagm at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 08:25:40AM +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:

> Robert Spangler wrote:
>> On Thursday 23 October 2008 09:53, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>>
>>>  > Try adding it manually to the iptables config.
>>>  >
>>>  > # vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables
>>>  >
>>>  > And then restart iptables.
>>>
>>>  Not recommended. Do 'service iptables save' as Filipe posted.
>>
>> You will need to explain why this is 'Not recommended'.
>
> Never had typos?

What's your point?  Typos can happen whenever the keyboard is
used for typing. :) That is regardless if the typing goes into
a GUI, a command line, or file editing.

We are however supposed to test our doings.  Then most errors
get revealed, be them dumb typos or the more astute kind.

BTW, I also prefer a nicely commented rules file instead of
the dry list dumped by iptables-save.

Mihai