[CentOS] Re: OT: Setting a CentOS to gateway a private IP address

Fri Oct 24 16:59:59 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

James B. Byrne wrote:
> The solution to this proved quite simple, once I grasped the fact that all
> routers on a common network have to route for that network (duhh!!!) as
> well as any others that they may handle.
>
> So the ripd.conf file looks like this:
>
> --->
> ! -*- rip -*-
> !
> ! RIPd configuration file
> !
> hostname a.b.domain.tld
> password xxxxxxxx
> enable password xxxxxxxx
>
> router rip
>   network 2aa.bbb.ccc.0/24
>   network 192.168.219.0/24
>
> log stdout
> <---
>
> And it works.

It's been a while since I set one of those up, but I believe the network
statements control the interfaces where the route announcements are sent
as well as the address ranges that will be routed.  So if you omitted
the 2aa.bbb.ccc.0/24 network, it wouldn't send any routes out that
interface.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com