Ole Fossils [ was Re: [CentOS] ls and rm: "argument list too long"]

Sat Oct 25 00:07:39 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:19 -0400, Ed Westphal wrote:
>> Forgive my senility, but I'm continually amazed how many of us ole
>> fossils are still around, and running Linux! Not to use up too much
>> bandwidth, but the switch from Fortran 2 to 2D, for disk, was a big
>> event way back when. Then Fortran 4 came around! Be still my old
>> heart!
<snip>
> Seem to remember an "old farts" thread on this list a while back, so I
> guess "ole fossils" sounds a bit better. :-)

Phil: Smells better too.  :-)    I remember the line printers we had,
for the IBM 7090's, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_7090    in the
NOC of an Airline Reservation Center.  I think they were about 30% the
size of our home office.  :-)   Lanny