[CentOS] Re: ls and rm: "argument list too long"

Sat Oct 25 01:14:50 UTC 2008
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 06:15:31PM -0500, Michael Peterson wrote:
> I have been learning and using COBOL since the mid 80's.
> I use COBOL at the present time for Web Programming also.
> The COBOL we use runs on UNIX and Linux.
> I use it in addition to PHP/MySQL for Web Programming.
>
> I have looked at Fortran programs but never had to learn the language.
> It is on a PDP 11 that we shutdown in the late 90's.

PDP-11... now there was a nice machine! That's where I first learned
Assembly language--and I definitely was spoiled by that. Now when I
look at assembler for, e.g. 80x86 machines I want to throw up. Nothing
has been anything as nice to program in since with the possible exception
of the 68000 family which had a lot of similarities.

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."