[CentOS] OT: reset IBM Bladecenter AMM web access

Sun Oct 26 13:57:28 UTC 2008
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 26.10.2008 um 14:47 schrieb Fabian Arrotin:

> fajarpri at cbn.net.id wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Sorry for the OT.
>> Does anyone can share to how to reset an IBM Bladecenter Advance
>> Management Module web access?
>> Recently, I've got an IBM Bladecenter chassis E 8677. There's no
>> one in
>> the office who knows about the IP nor the password for it.
>> Thank you,
>
> As already answered by someone else, the default IP is
> 192.168.70.125/24 and the default user/password is USER/PASSW0RD
> (with a zero and not o)
> If that doesn't work, you can still reset the whole MM config : http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0519.html?Open
> But i assume you already searched for that, right ?

The default IP is useless to him, unless he has a laptop or some other
system connected to it cross-over or at least on the same switch.
He's at home right now, I guess, so he should look for someone who
does know the real IP of that MM.
Because to reset it to factory-default, you've got to have physical
access (at which point he could just removed it from the BC and plug
it in again...).

Rainer