[CentOS] Simple audio recording app?

Sun Oct 26 18:04:11 UTC 2008
David G. Mackay <mackay_d at bellsouth.net>

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 12:49 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:

> No intention of hijacking your thread, but I'm also using GNOME and
> fully up to date CentOS 5.2 (32 bit).  No audio output from the
> microphone....  Niki: I hope we can get this to work! Lanny

I was having a terrible time trying to get microphone input on my fedora
system.  I tried all sorts of contortions with alsamixer, etc.  Then, in
the process of installing openmovieeditor, I had to install the gmerlin
packages.  I tried setting up the mic using the gmerlin mixer, and
voila!  This is on a system using an nvidia chipset that mimics an intel
hda sound card.

Dave