[CentOS] RHEL 5.3 Beta released, beta-testers needed

Wed Oct 29 18:54:36 UTC 2008
Spike Turner <spiketurner09 at yahoo.com>

Dag Wieers wrote:

> So if we can improve the testing during the RHEL Beta
> program, everyone in the CentOS community directly benefits
> from that as well. Therefor it makes a lot of sense to
> encourage the large CentOS community to take part in the
> RHEL Beta program and help with improving the next CentOS
> releases. (You don't need my back patting, start already
> !)

These are the release notes
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.3/html/Release_Notes/index.html

One commentary on RHEL 5.3 beta states "Support for Windows
Vista and 2008 is provided by Red Hat's rebased Samba 3.0.32."
I would have like to have seen Red Hat release a rebased Samba
3.0.32  through fastrack for 4.7 and 5.2

Spike.