[CentOS] Can one invoke multiple INSTANCEs of Firefox on CentOS

Thu Oct 30 14:34:58 UTC 2008
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Thu, October 30, 2008 09:56, lists-centos wrote:

> you can do this by putting:
>
>   setenv MOZ_NO_REMOTE 1
>
> in your .cshrc (i'll let you figure out the bash equiv if that's what
> you're using).
>
> and then use (e.g., in your icon's properties entry):
>
>    /usr/bin/firefox  -SelectProfile %u
>
> to start an instance.

This works.  Thank you.  The magical invocation is:

Edit ~/.bashrc or /etc/bashrc and add:

# Force Mozilla (Firefox) to prompt for profiles
# and start as separate instances for each.
MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1; export MOZ_NO_REMOTE
# Then invoke via "firefox -SelectProfile %u"

Log out and restart the desktop to get the changes to take effect for the
panel and menus. Changes made to ~/.bashrc or /etc/bashrc are picked up
with each new terminal window opened and do not require a logout or source
command if you invoke Firefox from the command line instead.

Many thanks. Now I can lose myself in the madness of model-model, view,
controller xml.... wheeeee....

Canada  L8E 3C3