[CentOS] Re: no network kernel boot option

Thu Oct 30 19:59:07 UTC 2008
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Thanks I was aware of those. however I was looking for a method on the
> kernel
> boot line (as in I am installing and I dont want the network driver to
> load).
>
> I can accomplish this with noprobe  but then everything is gone.
> There are individual items like nousb nopcmcia and I was looking and
> have not found
> one for nonetwork.

Closest kernel boot parameter seems to be the netdev= option.  Could
perhaps use it with the dummy.ko device - don't know the details of how
that would work.

See:
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*/Documentation/networking/net-modules.txt

Phil